Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Haven't watered Habiturf lawn in over a month ...

So I just realized I have not watered my Habiturf lawn in over a month. The soaking rains in July combined with the occasional rain in August has been enough to keep it pretty green. It's all grown back since the July mowing and there are new seed heads (I may mow again after either a heavy rain or the return of cool weather). A few spots have got a little brown - otherwise it looks good.  It is definitely not a turf lawn (the long grass does can irritate bare ankles) and if we were using the lawn a lot I would probably keep it mowed shorter.

2 comments:

Paula Whitten said...

Any more updates on how this is looking so far this spring? I just planted Habiturf (in Houston) and am curious about year 2 re-seeding, etc...

rattanman said...

It's looking ok. Some weeds to pull which would be true with any lawn I guess. I have not done any reseeding - intead one can just let the lawn (or parts of the lawn) grow long and go to seed. For minimal water and no fertilizer or pesticides it is not a bad lawn.